Thursday, February 18, 2010

My First Blog Post...Dana's Birthday Surprise!

So...I have a fetish for cupcakes and when I saw this Wilton cupcake cake pan, I had to use it to make my first blog post. It not only goes along with my blog name, but is going to make Dana's day! I used a traditional French Vanilla Cake Mix for the buttom 1/2 and a Strawberry Cake Mix for the top. Spray and flour the pan well...prepare your cake mixes as the box indicates...bake at 325* for 60 minutes...let cool 15 minutes before turning the cakes out. (I like to put any unfrosted cake in the freezer for 30 minutes before icing.) Ice as desired.

**Nutrition Tip 101~~you can add a 12 oz can of soda pop per 1 dry cake mix instead of all the wet ingredients (egg, oil, and water). This will help cut down calories & fat without giving up flavor or moistness!! Now, you can have a piece of cupcake cake and not feel so guilty! Small indulgences in LiFe!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheyenne,
    This is great! I've been wanting to start a food blog also but didn't know how it would go. You might be my inspiration! I also LOVE cupcakes. I think I have about 4 books devoted only to cupcakes. If you'd like to see them sometime, let me know! Hope you're doing well! Love ya!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete